When We Are Closed

closed_signDuring the times below, the surgery will be shut so if you have an emergency that requires you to speak to a doctor please call “NHS111" by dialing 111 from your telephone.

  • 6.30 pm to 8.00 am Mon - Fri
  • 6.30 pm Fri to 8.00 am Mon 

The CCG is responsible for providing these out of hours services, not the practice. However you may telephone the practice where there will be a recorded message giving the above telephone number to call  

When you need a doctor quickly - Accident and Emergency services are not always the best answer.  During our opening hours, it often makes sense to contact us first because we can treat many more health problems than people realise. 

If you need a GP or urgent advice when we are closed, ring our out of hour’s service NHS111 by dialling 111 from your telephone keypad.

Minor injuries – If an injury cannot be treated here it can usually be treated at one of the two Minor Injuries Units (MIUs) most closely linked with this surgery and our Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).  These are:

Crowborough War Memorial Hospital, South View Road, TN6 1HB , Tel. 01892 652284

Uckfield Community Hospital , Framfield Road, TN22 5AW , Tel. 01825 769999

The units are open 8am-8pm, 7 days a week, for a wide range of minor injuries, including sprains, strains, broken bones, wound infections, minor burns and minor head injuries.  You don’t need an appointment – just walk in.

BUT please remember - A&E is there when you need it, when the situation is urgent and it is not safe to wait.  This covers the following situations:

✔ Choking ✔ Chest pain

✔ Heavy blood loss  ✔ Serious injury/trauma

✔ Fits or unconsciousness  ✔ Stroke

✔ Emergencies when any delay would cause further harm

We want to make sure the highly skilled teams at our A&E departments are available for those who need them. More than ever it is our responsibility to also help ensure NHS money is spent wisely and all patients get high quality care in the best place for them, whether that is at A&E, a minor injuries unit or your GP practice.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website